Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Today

Was the worst day thus far. I had planned on taking it easy today, so as to let a few blisters heal, but alas, it was not to be. Right after breaking camp and sleuthing away, I began looking for a convenience store to gas up with some energy. There was a mom and pop place but it was on the other side of the highway. I just didnt have the energy even that early on, which should be a prelude. I figured there would be something else so i kept going. There was nothing. No thing. Nada. For 12 miles. In the blustering heat. Across bear infested lands. On fat guy feet. I could only walk a mile before I needed to sit down in the shade. And so it went, mile after mile. At one point, in my heat induced hallucinations I realized that I hadn't gone pee all day, and didn't gave to go. I had been drinking at least a gallon of water each day, and that was alot just jostling around in my stomach I though. But as I went to wipe my face with the bandana, and it came away soaked, I realized that it was instead, being pulled out of my skin by that wonderful Florida humidity. Alas, I finished my day at a subway, found a camp spot behind it, and am ready for shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment