Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Faith & hobo holes

Yesterday as night approached I again became apprehensive. Finding a good home for the night can be a chore filled with anxiety. But more and more I've come to have faith that a place will be provided. I've also begun taking ownership of my camp. At first I was very jittery about camping in odd places. But also been fairly tired when it comes time to make camp. So instead of being all worrisome, I just accept that its my space for the night. It is just plain exhausting to be fearful all the time and I just have to let go and have faith that its going to be all right. When I rely on intelligence too much, it doesn't allow for much leeway, and I can criticize the heck out of my current situation, but that doesn't leave alot of room for the good stuff that could happen. Anyway, I found a nice spot last night between the highway and railroad tracks. It was a hobo hole; a hollowed out area in the bushes accessible from the train tracks. It was a sweet spot, except from the jaw rattling trains that came by twice in the night. I'm in Youngstown Florida today and on my way to panama city, and should be on the outskirts later today. Stopped at dollar general and picked up a few things including a cologne body spray, because I'm feeling that smelly. I really hope there's a campground in the next week. I could really use a shower. Its weird, but almost a month without sleeping on a bed. Hopefully today is full of good things and good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment