Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tejas

Got a nice spot in between i-20 and a frontage rd, and trying to cool down. The sign I passed in town said 100 degrees. Doesn't feel that hot, and hopefully the humidity is gone forever. But I need to pay attention to the sun. My arms are to a point that I don't need sunscreen and they don't burn. My face will hold up better but it will burn. The hat helps alot and I usually wear it when the sun gets shining on my forehead. I got some burrito money, and the next civilization I hit, I'm getting rain gear. I'm so excited. Texas is a big milestone. Dallas will be my halfway point, or sooner. I haven't found an app that will let me map out my route, going forward and back to the beginning. I may be at 1k miles but the map only does interstate routing, and that's way more direct than the state and farm roads I took. I lived in Dallas for 10 years and though I wont be hitting my ok stomping grounds, its familiar territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment