Saturday, May 16, 2015

Yesterday

Setup camp early. Because of the rain and the skewers. There were swarms of them. I fell asleep around 5 figuring someone would wake me up if they didn't want me sleeping there. And woke around 3 am. Btw, the vanilla extract does not work. Maybe if I was sitting on the porch drinking iced tea. But being covered head to toe in sweat, that vanilla extract does nothing. There are no hills here and very little in the way of cover, so finding a campspot tonight should be a treat. Stopped at a gas station and got son fried chicken, then proceeded to put a hurtin on it. Going over the Mississippi, its like I've gone into another land, the environment is so different. I also not only have to deal with gnats, I also have to deal with buffalo gnats. Such fun. Changed back into my boots, and fine except my right leg is tense and not very enjoyable to walk on. I'm trying to walk it off. Oh, and I have mosquito bites on all the tender parts of my body. But I'm making miles, and slept thru the rain, so I'm content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment