Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day One

Walked 13.5 miles before I decided I was a wuss for not being able to do more. The walking part is certainly hard on my feet, but its when the heat turned on at about 11:30 that I started in with the mewling noises. I made it to the suncoast trail, and started looking for a camp spot immediately, as my feet kept complaining, but I was also just tired. Pushing the cart was easy, but not without effort, my arms are gonna hurt tomorrow (with the rest of me). Yesterday I bought a large package of bungee cords and used almost every one on my cart creating a MOLLE cart of sorts. Now I can attach pretty much anything to any part of it. It's very handy. I found a small trail of the suncoast, with a lake nearby. Currently in sitting on my tarp near my cart waiting for it to get dark before pitching my tent. There's a no trespassing sign about 50 feet away, but its facing me, as in, after the sign no trespassing. But just to be safe, I'm waiting so if someone spies me and tells me to move along, that it won't be as much of a hassle. I'm ready to hit the hay now, just a few more hours.

1 comment: