Monday, March 9, 2015

Just 7 more days

Time is going by pretty quick now, and I'm thankful that all the stuff I bought on amazon has already gotten here (minus my sleeping mat). I have been walking 5-7 miles every other day to build up the callouses on my feet, and hopefully that will help with the beginning weeks of my walk across America. Definitely looking forward to them Chacos though, the Walmart sandals I bought are already shredding on the bottoms.

Received the solar charger today, but didn't have a chance to test it out. Reviews on amazon rated it highly and I like the idea of never having to sit next to an outlet at Mickey Dees while waiting for my phone to charge.

They umbrella I bought has been very useful in keeping the sun off my back, but I really need to find a way to affix it to cart. Though it has always been my dream to look like a Tamale vendor in Juarez, I don't really like the idea of having to hold it while I'm pushing the cart.

Tomorrow I plan on taking some picks of my gear, so that you as mission control will know how prepared I am for the journey, and maybe a video depending on the quality of my phone.

Its weird. Though I always thought that walking across america was a really cool adventure, I never really thought about how other people saw it. Many of my ideas for adventure in the past have been met with skepticism and cries of woe. So I'm a little taken aback at all the sincere support I've been receiving about my walk. Its just really nice. Thanks!

And Theresa, thanks again for the donation to my burrito fund! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment