Monday, April 13, 2015

And so

I left me spot and gear and proceeded on through a more jungled route in hopes of getting to Mickey Dees without getting soaked. I made it but my feet are soaked, the rest of me is damp, and I'm cold. Inside the McDonalds is an artic chill, but I did manage to stand it for a few, to gulp down some food. To clarify the moat situation. Last night it was about to rain hard. So I crossed a ditch and proceeded to a wooded area to make camp. Overnight, there were flash floods, thusly filling the said ditch with about two feet of water. I am in a tight space, no doubt about it. I would have no trouble walking in the rain if needed, but if I try to get my cart across the ditch, it will seriously wetten everything I have. Now, the rain is supposed to pass by around 7 or so, and should leave this area rain-free for a day or two. My main dilemma is getting the cart across the ditch filled with water. But that's tonight or tomorrow. Now my feet got wet. Stepped into some big puddles and water flew down into my shoes. I need to get my shoes off and into something dry and warm. This last leg of Florida is turning out to be quite a menace.

No comments:

Post a Comment