Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A day in the life

I did get a few hours sleep, if you call laying in damp sleeping bag sitting on top a rain soaked sleeping mat, within a wet tent sleeping. And I somehow unzipped my tent during this so called sleep, so was introduced to every mosquito in that crow begotten field. The rain stopped at 7, and I "slept" until 12am. I turned on my phone, and what do ya know, we got more to rain headed this way. There was no way I was spending another minute in that field. I packed up all my wet nasty gear and stuffed them into my cart and headed out. The moat didn't seem to understand the idea of seepage, so I cut a swath into that jungle towards the road. I didn't bother putting on socks and my poncho bit it earlier getting back together into my spot. It was like the amazon, no path, and prickly plants ripping at my legs. There were more than a few puddles that my feet sank into up to my ankles. It was like 200 feet of that and then I made it to the road. I was finally free. So, soaked in rain with bits of plants stuck to my clothes I walked 5 miles to the local WalMart. I know, WalMart sucks, but as I approached the parking lot, all I felt was accomplishment, and being grateful WalMart was there, and open. I bought some cheap dry clothes and some flip flops. There's a laundromat behind the WalMart that opens at 8. So nows for the waiting game. All day yesterday and all day today have been perfectly miserable. Awful in ways civilized people have forgotten. But mentally, I never thought of it as that bad. Many of you don't know it but for the last several years, I have been severally depressed. It was nothing a pill could cure. But every morning I woke up with a tearing feeling in my stomach. And every day I would redefine and recreate myself, to get through the day. Living like that was awful. This was merely annoying. I choose this any day.

1 comment: