Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dry

And feeling almost human. I did my laundry and even got to dry my sleeping bag. My sleeping mat is still slimy, but I have no idea how to deal with that sans the sun. I was really worried about the future of my walk earlier. For the immediate future because of the rain, and the near future because of finances. I am not what you would call a financial genius. Most days it doesn't bother me, but with the whole, deluge of rain thing, and my lack of sleep, I was just plain worried. Chewing my lip and feeling anxious. So I prayed about it. Don't look at me like that. I actually pray a good amount. Food is mostly covered, but its the miscellaneous other things that crop up, like my new $15 wardrobe. I also found out there is a state park right across the street, but like everything here in the armpit if the south, it costs the same as a hotel room in some places. So, I was planning on spending my last bit of change on that Cadillac camping spot. But that would leave me with like 10 bucks. And I was definitely going to do it, but really anxious about it. After all, I could buy a whole rain suit for that. I don't mind sleeping in a tent, and have gotten used to sleeping on every contoured surface imaginable. I've gotten used to bathing with baby wipes, and I've even come up with a solution to do my laundry on the road. But the rain just kills you on the walk. Wet, damp, rain in your face, cars splashing you as they go by. It just sucks when it rains. So I prayed. I prayed for something entirely out of my hands. And an hour later the Duane texted me and made a donation to the burrito fund. What a relief. And now things are simpler. I started this walk to find my happy place, both inside and out. I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment