Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Erg

Yesterday was just awful, but I learned a lesson. It was about 6 and I was wet and feeling very umm, well whiny. I was tired and there were no places to sit, and did I mention wet? Well, I was wet in every pore. So I may have been justified In my "why me" frame of mind, and was complaining verbally to anyone who would listen. Unfortunately, there was no one. And I knew enough about myself to know that my whininess was unacceptable, and decided against calling anyone. Then after talking with god, I decided that even I have had enough of me. And I started trying to cheer myself up. I told myself that in a few hours, regardless of the place, that I would be in my tent, warm and sleeping. Because whether I found the perfect spot or had to find a hole in the darkness, that I would indeed find a place for the night, and be able to get warm and to sleep. Its really the same philosophy I use when I'm disgusted with the walk and tell myself that its only six months, only its relative to the end of the day. So no matter the kind of crap I have to deal with; its important to remember that its my choice and that its only temporary. And that helps me get through the day when things are rough. On a separate note, going north has reduced the amount of bugs that are nibbling on me, and the temperature is cooler. Maybe cooler than I would have expected for the short amount of miles. But I will be through Lucedale today and onwards to hattieville.

No comments:

Post a Comment