Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Late

I woke up at 4 but tricked myself to going back to sleep, because it was still dark. Then must have turned off my alarm because then it was 10. That's 4 hours of walking, 8 miles. Then trying to pack my gear, I spilled some water and soaked a fair amount of clothes. I guess it was meant to be, but I'm still upset. I want to make it into Louisiana posthaste. Because next is Texas, and there are no swamps in Texas. The skin on my nose started bleeding yesterday. The sunblock gets sweated out within a short time and even my trusty straw hat doesn't keep out all the suns baked goodness. So this morning I'm just caking in the sunblock in hopes that will help. Non walkers have no idea about distances. Seriously. Anytime someone tells me its gonna be about a half mile, I just double it. Like getting into these campgrounds. All the campsites are miles into the back of the park. So just getting to a campground is only half the battle. This campsite wad a primitive one. No electricity, no water. I would have been better off stealth camping, and then I would be right by the road, and I wouldn't have overslept. But being by the beach, there just really aren't any places, or at least no good ones before dark. Going to stealth camp tonight. Lets see how far the sore feet can take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment