Thursday, April 16, 2015

Midway

I guess this area is called midway, but midway from where to where? I guess there are some questions that will never get answered. I was sitting on the side of the road and some guy pulled up behind me and when I went to the window, he gave me a $20 bill. The kindness of friends is amazing, but so is the kindness of strangers. That put a boost in my limping step for the next few miles. Looking for a spot, and not wanting to wait til dark, as a storm was approaching, I happened upon a church and went to the sign in the middle of the driveway to rest. With minutes pastor Pete pull up, I guess he was on vagrant watch today. He let me know that because of insurance liabilities, that I couldn't sleep on the property, even in a tent, or even to take shelter from the oncoming storm. He did offer me water and asked if I needed anything, but i got the definite feeling he wanted to have me on my way. So I'm next door, on no-mans property, or so Pete says. My tent's setup and ready for the rain. Its still daylight, and I hope someone doesn't show up to kick me out. I admit, I wasn't thrilled by pastor Pete's pass the buck campaign. I understand his point of view, but I also understand that there is always a way through the red tape, its just wanting to cut through it. But this is where the path led me. I made certain there is another way out in case the rains create a moat again. And I'm on higher ground. I am so ready for nighttime and sleep. Tomorrow is Pensacola!

No comments:

Post a Comment