Friday, April 10, 2015

Panama City beach

I slept behind a liquor store on the beach road where at least one homeless guy slept. I was wary, but slept deeply anyway. Maybe I'm just getting used to it. I wasn't going to go onto the beach til later because I didn't want to get all sticky and sandy, but I couldn't resist. Besides, its really not that crowded this early in the morning. The water felt so good. And the sand is like a soft pumice on my feet. I almost feel clean with the wind and the water and the sand. A great way to start off the day! At least until I try and put my shoes back on. There's this fog that hangs over the sky, like a mist before the rain. It keeps the sun and heat tolerable. My walk for the next 20 plus miles is along the beachfront, and then another 20 a little down the road. Should be real nice. The only negative if the day is that the humidity for the last few days had been intolerable and made all my clothes smell bad. I used the cologne I bought but the combination is like a garbage truck passing through an area of freshly cut grass. I know, I have my moments with the metaphors😁. Hopefully someone with a beach house will feel pity on me and let me stay for awhile so I can feel clean and normal for a bit. I can wish anyway. But I suppose this is the new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment