Saturday, April 11, 2015

Rainy day

Its supposed to rain for the next several hours. Which leaves me at a bus stop that only partially keeps the rain out, or the Winn Dixie where people give me odd looks. Or to head out regardless of the rain and get wet. I'm probably going to do the latter and regret it, but such is life. My original estimate wad to be out of Florida within a month, and a month is quickly approaching. There are others making the trek across the country. Early on I found out about a guy named josh who left Tampa the same time as I did, but never met him, or found any inkling online about him. Whenever I passed something discarded on the side of the road that a walker would have had, I would say "Ah josh, decided you didn't need the stroller cup holder after all". And recently, I found out about a couple walking from Jacksonville to san Diego. They are almost a week ahead of me, and each time they make miles and I don't, it bothers me. I know its not a race, but its a walker thing I guess. Having a zero mile day happens and you sometimes just need to rest a day. But days where you could do miles, but instead are lazy, or just opt out because you just can't face the day is inexcusable. Walking is hard and not for the faint of heart. It takes a toll on your body, soul, and sanity. But it can be done in six months. Unless you take alot of wimp days and stretch it longer. The rain has stopped but my radar app says much more is on the way. So here goes nothin.

No comments:

Post a Comment