Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Road magic

According to walkers, road magic is a series of very unlikely events that happen to great benefit to the walker. Almost as if the faerie folk are being benevolent as opposed to being malevolent and playing tricks along the road. I see it different though. I see road magic as tokens and messengers from your destined home. If you've ever read illusions by Richard Bach, his character would have dreams where his future self would visit him and they would chat about his upcoming trials and life. Similarly I see road magic as messengers and omens sent to guide or give to you on your path. Not to be confused with gifts from God, but there are just strange things I have seen on the road, that I'm sure have a logical meaning but are very odd nonetheless. I know for some this may sound like fuzzy logic, but welcome to the inside of my head. Today I saw a translucent bird, and it was a wisp of a thing. The kind of thing where you just stop and stare its so odd. I don't know what kind of bird it was, nor can I explain it to my reasoning brain. So I just accept it as road magic and move on. Could it be that by stopping and staring, I avoid a bad fate down the road, that my future choices are then affected? Could road magic be god moving me down the path I need to be on? It could all be explained and my thinking wacked out. But I choose to be open to the possibilities, that my life is more than just a series of walking down roads from point A to point B. That each of us had a destiny, and that destiny or God, talks to us in a way we can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment