Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sweet home Alabama

Yeah, right. Every state has some redeeming quality, and I'm sure Alabama does too, I I'm just not seeing it. The ocean from here is the color of urine and muddy water, and the horizon is dotted with oil rigs and oil tankers. There's a mixtures of swampy grasslands and pine trees, and I suppose if you're a sportsman and don't mind the dive-bombing bugs, you might like it here. I don't. And the humidity is still a huge factor. I've met some really great people from Alabama, so maybe that's the redeeming quality. But alas, I've just seen a small part, and maybe being judgmental based on my experience. I'm worried about finding a good spot to camp tonight. The tall grasses are a great hiding place for snakes and other critters. But I will just keep praying to keep them from my path and away from me. I have no interest in such an encounter. Its 3pm and will probably do 6-8 more miles. When the terrain offers nothing in the way of civilization, the temptation is to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment