Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 38

Woke up today feeling much better. In addition to the ling stretch yesterday, I got caught up in the need to be out of Alabama at a certain time. Its a little mind game I play with myself. I estimate the miles I should be making each day, then I hop myself to it. But this trek is just as much about the journey as it is the destination. There's no rush, and if I only do half mileage once in awhile, so what. The headlong rush to a destination is not what a walker does, unless there's no other choice. So that decided, I am more joyful today about my journey. People here are indeed what I would call dour. They are polite and courteous if not friendly. But I'm still in the vacation resort area, versus the regular life and times area, so things may change when I cross the bridge. Starting out, my right leg muscle or tendon was really stiff and hurt. So I changed to my boots for the ankle support and doing ok now. On days like today, I wonder what it would be like to just sit outside and not be covered in sweat from the humidity. It's a pleasant thought. I also received a nice donation to my burrito bucks account today from Theresa, and that was nice. Got some hot biscuits and gravy to start out my day and they were tasty. My taste buds have completely flip flopped. Chips, chocolate, or anything sugary holds no longing whatsoever. I crave roasted chicken, fresh veggies, and even, yes, barbecue. Pizza has moved from the top of my list to somewhere past 100. Though, I think often about sitting in a nice restaurant with friends and family, eating a nice meal, and then going home after. One of these days, I will be able to indulge that thought. But first, I need to find my home. A place that soothes me, and feels like home. Probably another reason for my need to hurry out west.

No comments:

Post a Comment