Friday, May 8, 2015

A much needed rest

These last few days have been, I'm looking for the right word, uncomfortable, exhausting, horrible. I'm not sure. And its hard to know if it's something that just builds up over the days of the walk or is it the specific days that just suck. The temperature definitely plays a part and the humidity. It seems that though the humidity is the same as Florida, there is the added bonus of hitting 100 degrees in Mississippi early on and the combination makes for added fun. I set out early today and after a few hours I was covered in sweat. Then semis would roll by and bring gusts of too cool air that made me gasp with the sudden chill. But I made it to McComb. I got a text from my mom while sitting on the roadside try to recover from my short hike. She made a donation to my burrito fund so I could get a hotel and much needed rest. I called a few places but settled on one 3 miles away because I thought it was one of the chain hotels. But like in Pensacola, these tricksters have their name grandfathered. The economy inn is a dive. But it does have ice cold ac, a bed, and a shower. I had to debate taking a shower first thing because I was so tired. But I decided a shower was the best way from keeping an aroma from being an all day and night thing. Then I crashed until 4. I did break out my blanket in place of the bedspread that looks to have been washed sometime in the 1920s, just because my previous experience with a dive hotel, left me with bed bugs. I really didn't realize how tired I was, and still am. There's a McDonald's across the street and I had dinner. Now just really enjoying the ac and the ability to rest and renew. I'm booked for two days, so that should be enough to get back on track. There's also a WalMart on the way out of town that I can look into someway to hold ice and remain cool on the walk. Thanks again Mom!

1 comment: