Monday, May 25, 2015

Adventure

When Haley was 6 or 7, we went on dome adventures. She had her adventure gear which included a belt with adventuresome tools like a magnifying glass.  I can't remember what all else was attached but I remember she jostled when she walked. One day, I made a treasure map with tea bags and burnt the edges. We were to seek Old Jacks treasure. It ended in finding a buried box of coins and fake jewelry.  It's a very fond memory for me. I've been thinking that lately I've been in a funk, and couldn't figure out why.  Sure it's been some challenging miles I've walked, but essentially not any different. Then while talking to a friend on the phone, I got it. The walk stopped being an adventure, and became everyday. With all the challenges,  I reverted into an old coping mechanism, one of negativity.  But now that I recognize it, things will change. And I need to plan my route a little better. Instead of taking the bee line straight to my goal going through an unkind wilderness,  I should be planning a route through more civilization. And maybe  do some research and touch on places of interest. I've about 40 miles to Shreveport and that excites me. The key is to stay excited. After all, I want the journey to be just as pivotal as the destination.

2 comments:

  1. The neat thing is the True treasure you found on your walk. And a new Guide that will direct your path, a path away from the "negativity" of the old man , a new route on which more will be revealed. I'm eager see where your Guide leads you next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Haley follow your blog? Sure hope so.
    If not send her a link.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete