Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Memorial day

I did about ten miles before I realized I only had a quarter gallon of water. I did a quick inventory and also realized I was out of energy drinks too. Checking my app, I saw that there are no stores for the next 15 miles and that worried me. It's a scorcher today, and without water,  I'm a dead fish. After freaking out, I noticed a house across the street. One that was off the road and not protected by a fence or dog. After getting no response from a knock, I went around back calling out the whole time, as I didn't relish the idea of getting shot today. A man and his wife were around a pool. They filled my gallon to the top then gave me a second gallon which was very cool. I normally am good about checking my supplies and thought I had a second gallon stashed. Thank god they were home and friendly. A few cops just stopped to check my ID and were fairly friendly. A few miles back I saw a dead rattlesnake on the side of the road, my first. Before it was stay wary near the water, now it's extended to everywhere else. Gonna try and do some good miles today. But it's hot and I font want to overheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment