Monday, May 25, 2015

Bear country

Made good miles today and was about to make camp when this pickup pulled over. Guy asked if I needed a ride. I told him I was walking, same line different day. He then suggested against it. He said they just released some black bears into the wildlife management area we were in, and he again suggested against it and offered a ride. Jabel was very country, but nice. I took the ride, not wanting to become bear bait, then rode in my first car in 2 months. The time before that was when the guy in the campground in Florida gave me a lift, after the hood Ole boys were playing chicken with me. I'm not happy that ride was necessary,  but I am currently not being chased by bears either, so that's a plus. We drove past the WMA and into Bossier city. He dropped me off at a walmart, and then wanted to chat,  as is the country way. I've actually got a hotel tonight, a donation by a good friend. But that's still miles away. I walked hard today and probably pushed too hard. An actual bed sounds divine.

1 comment:

  1. God sent that guy to keep you out of the bears' way. No doubt about it, so many are praying for your safety. Hope you have a nice, cool, long night! Are you even able to sleep in any more?

    ReplyDelete