Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tornado

Last night there was a tornado warning and it was storming fiercely. The rain was going sideways and I was very relieved to be indoors. I decided that spending the money on a washing machine was the better part of Valor, as the clothes kept on dirtying the water even after 15 min of wringing them out. Manny, the cart is gone. I was able to salvage the tube for use on the next cart, so that's a plus. Now I have to walk 12 miles with everything on my back. I got rid of my boots I was keeping for a backup pair, but looking at them in the light, they were past their expiration date. Oh, and saved my rickshaw poles. Within the last few days, my umbrella mysteriously disappeared,  probably slipped it's noose on the cart. My poncho is dead and doesn't really keep me dry. I think that the next rain, I will just be wet and miserable. As long as I have a dry set to change into, I'm good. each day as the walk progresses, it's a test of what us needed and what's not. gearwise and spiritually. And eventually even stuff you were hanging onto for a rainy day, get trashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment