Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Backpacking is not fun

Or at least not with all the gear I have. I never considered weight as a factor, so it's no wonder my pack is hideously overweight. I ended up taking the local transit, when I figured that walking a mile, stopping for 45 minutes to recuperate wasn't going to get me to south shreveport before midnight. So now I'm about a mile away and scoping out some spots just in case. I just hate the idea of imposing myself into someone else's life and like to be as independent as I am able. I hadn't really planned on naming the new cart, but seems you guys have other plans. I'm game. It's weird, it's 86 degrees now but just not really feeling the humidity. Maybe I crossed that invisible line where humidity stops beating the crap out of you. And maybe it's mother nature playing a cruel trick. I'm looking forward to being on the road again. The hotel stay was nice, don't get me wrong.  I just really enjoy the new sights every mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment