Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Things of note

While I have a moment, I want to write a few odds and ends. The guy who picked me up yesterday,  Jabel,  was a total character. Not that he was funny or anything.  His truck was an in use sportsman's paradise.  Fishing poles, nets, a bucket of fish for bait. Mud was everywhere and he kept his truck like I have in the past, very cluttered.  After we strapped my cart into the bed, and getting into the cab; he had an old revolver tucked in between the seat,  and sitting next to me was a rifle. He had that Cajun accent, and though I didnt understand all the words, i got the gist. He was wearing a bandana under his cap, a loose fitting shirt, shorts and cowboy boots, no socks. He said he just came back from hunting and fishing all night. Told me about the boars in the area and dome seemingly tall tales. He was very antigovernment, and pro guns. No real reason for writing about him, it's just, he could have been a character from young guns. Before that around midday, I was sitting on a bridge, and a truck pulled up. An older lady gave me 20 bucks and a bible verse. She quoted the wrong book, but essentially the verse was, I will not leave you nor forsake you. Dueturonomy something. I had been feeling a little left out in the rain, literally and figuratively. So that was a nice message.

1 comment:

  1. Appropriate verse since you have seen first hand( and foot for that matter ) that God has been and will be with you for the rest of your journey--and then some!

    ReplyDelete