Monday, May 4, 2015

Cloudy

Been battling with the sun all day in charging my phone, but it seems the shade of the trees isn't a good place to do so. It's been nice just relaxing. No exploring for me, therefore no chance of encountering anyone. I have done laundry so naturally its cloudy now and I've felt a few raindrops threaten my tranquility. But I'm betting it will pass. Alot of people seemed to like my day in the life post, and it was accurate in a general sense. But there is also an alertness that pervades the day. When walking on the shoulder, no matter how hallucinogenic things may seem in the heat of the day, I am alert to what's going on around me. I watch for oncoming cars to make sure they don't hit me, but I'm also scanning the grass and shoulder in front of me for snakes. And on the lookout for menacing situations, like a car parked ahead. When in town, I pay attention to people and their attitude towards me. I'm not paranoid, just very aware. It carries through the day and night, which is why at a campground or motel, I can truly relax and let down my guard. Like right now. Everything is packed in my cart, and I'm laying on the ground near my spot on a garbage bag. If I need to, I can be up and away in seconds. And everything has a place in where it goes. When I'm finished using something, I pack it back up, so I'm ready to go. Even in my tent at night, I have everything in my backpack. So after my hobo shower, I pack all that back up. I sleep using my backpack as a pillow, I have my snake pokin stick on the tent, a bottle of water and that's it. So in the morning after I put on my shoes but before I exit, I pack up my sleeping bag and now blanket; so when I exit the tent, I can break down my camp in about 5 minutes. Even now, on my veg day, I'm listening for odd sounds, cars stopping, peoples voices etc. I chose the yeti as my mascot with alot of thought, though I would have preferred bigfoot. Yeti is the Asian version but sounds better than wayward bigfoot. Anyway, I like that the yeti is hidden and unseen, which is how I prefer to travel and camp, incognito. I don't really want to be noticed, by the locals who like to have fun with the homeless guy, or by some sociopath who wants to kill someone and pin the murder on the guy passing through. Just like I don't tell everyone about my blog. I don't want them following me online with nefarious intent, knowing where I will be on any given day. So, w and awareness are a core outlook of this lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Another Great insight there. I can relate to a lot of it. The scanning of the grass, the people etc. Does this place have a good feeling ? etc etc. However your doing it at a slower pace which takes guys. I like to think, especially in a town that I could hurry out of a situation if needed. But we have to be constantly aware all the time and it is draining. More so for you

    Iann and Marlena

    ReplyDelete