Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 70

As I head NW the swampiness is becoming less, unless of course it's a trick. Today it's sunny and bright,  for which I am thankful. But it's very hot and humid too. I checked my map app and it shows a mickey dees up the road about 14 miles. I'm a little surprised and didn't expect civilization until Shreveport. I'm trying to get my MOJO back. The last several days I've felt uninterested in my journey. But I guess there's a lesson here somewhere. Keep going no matter what. I definitely have not yet found the promise land. And I am excited about my weight loss, so there's that.  Spiritually I'm okay, but could really use some oil for the fire. There's just no real way to do that on the walk, as it takes up my entire day. The shoes are going splendidly and I'm so thankful. The cart, well, haha. I feel like this first half of the journey was kinda like going through the muck and mire to reach the good stuff. The bad side is that I won't reach the mid point til about Paris TX.  But I guess that's not so far away. A few hours by car.

1 comment:

  1. Recognize the "good stuff " in all stuff. Spiritually, the "oil" is always there, just move some of the dirt away and it'll be flowing like old Jed Clampett's Texas Tea!

    ReplyDelete