Friday, May 22, 2015

Taking the rest of the day

Off! Just outside Montgomery and found a spot just over the railroad tracks that was at one time a homeless guys spot. There's a blanket and a disused tarp hanging here. Walked about 20 miles, so I'm good.  The folks here in LA are a little different. They don't really talk, just stare. They're polite and all, but I guess they figure your business is your business. It's a little odd though. Another 4 days and I'll be in Shreveport. I've been toying with the idea of retiring Manny,  but don't want to carry all that water. I just have to treat him like walking an elderly man down the stairs. No crazy stuff and we may be good. So far no incoming rain, so I'm crossing my fingers tomorrow will be a sunny day.

3 comments:

  1. Or at least a day full of Son

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever though of trying to pick up one of those push carts for golf bags? They are pretty sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, I'm still amazed that you're keeping on keeping on! Keep looking up!
    Yeah, there has to be something to pull/push/drag the water, I don't see how you could possibly carry it. There's got to be something.
    Do you listen to music? Audio books?
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete