Friday, May 22, 2015

Fear again

Most everything on these southern roads are things that scare the crap outta me.  Poisonous snakes, poisonous spiders, bears, gators; and there's wildlife that you just have to be cautious of, like boars and dogs. And then sleeping in the midst of all that within a thin tent. It's nerve wracking at times. Faiyh and caution get me through most of it, but I found last night another piece of armor; and that's being tired. I was so tired, nor just from the walk but from the fear and anxiety that I just didn't care. I didn't care if I had to face the things my fear had wrought. I would beat it with a stick,  bears spray it, or kill it with my own hands if it meant a safe place to sleep. Probably not the smartest thing, but definitely an armor, and weapon against fear.

1 comment: