Friday, May 22, 2015

Misery

I could not find a spot last night for the life of me. Private property, fenced property, swaps and alligators. Because of the flash floods, all the rivers and gullies have overflowed to create one large swamp. Did I mention gators? I saw a fairly large one, about 10 feet long in the middle of some of that runoff. Couldn't find high ground for anything. So I kept walking. Near dusk I found a place next to a farmers fence line. I have seen more wildlife in LA than in any other state, and I'm not a wildlife guy. I'm making it my sole purpose to make as many miles each day as I can. Because of the rain and clouds I can't keep a charge on either phone. The cart is on its last leg and makes a jolting noise every rotation. When do I leave the swamp behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment