Monday, May 11, 2015

Fear, anticipation, or expectation

Sometimes its hard to know which one you are paying tribute. I'm in the same spot under the bridge, waiting to see which way the storm goes. I've been brow beaten enough by the rain that I don't want to rush headlong into a storm. Getting wet is not the problem. The gear getting wet is. Wet gear turns into damp and moldy gear that makes the days ahead a misery. I prefer to avoid that whenever possible. But sitting here, I start mulling over my choice, and think of the miles lost. A minimum of 2 miles per hour, and if I had left at 6 when I woke, I would be 8 miles closer to the Mississippi. And my phone wouldn't be threatening to die at any minute. But I will probably sit another hour and wait to see how the storm turns. If that means I lose a day, and stay dry, I'm all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment