Saturday, May 2, 2015

How many days

Can wear the same socks before I need to was them? I'm going on 7 and when I take off my shoes at night, the uh...aroma fills the tent. Washing requires the precious water and I'm a little wary of the various creeks and rivers. Its really the boots though that are the culprit. After the "king kong ain't got nothin on me" incident where I was trogging thru the swamp, they just haven't been the same. More comfy maybe, but smelly. I guess its the price I will just have to pay until my clothes get so unbearable that a laundromat is required. Its not as if I am socializing with anyone, buy it still bugs me. I am also bothered that I haven't really lost any weight since my 400 mile mark. I know I've gained muscle, and my body is probably in starvation mode because of how little I eat. I also haven't really been making the miles I should have because of the rain. So though I'm peeved, I'm not really bothered because I still have a way to go. I was just planning on going shiftless eventually and build up a tan. Its so hot sometimes that I want to, but thoughtfully refrain. Now that I have my blanky, I can relax a little about the cold, it was starting to stress me out. Hattiesburg is my last big town for a long while and I'm prolonging resuming my walk. Its just nice having a store on every block.

No comments:

Post a Comment