Sunday, May 3, 2015

Oh my

I really have to revise my impression of Mississippi. Sure there are issues here, just like any other place, but there are some nice things too. The scenery is just beautiful. Green and lush and rolling hills, a great outdoorsman paradise. The sky can take on a color of blue, that just makes you smile. I haven't gotten one lear or disgusted look, if anything, I get curious stares. I mean who in their right mind walks across a state with no shoulders? And more than any state thus far, people are generous and kind. I am terrible with names, and I really wanted to mention this woman's name but all I could think of was ice, cool magnificent ice! I'm walking a long stretch with no stores, and the whole while while baking from the inside out, I can only think of one thing...ice. I take a swig of water and it feels like filling up a pitcher and putting it in the fridge. No satisfaction, just motion. Then an SUV pulls up in front of me, which is amazing in its own right. See, I'm walking against traffic, and that's counter intuitive to receiving kindness on the road. People see someone and pull over in front of them if they want to offer a ride or something. It's convenient and common sense. I walk against traffic so that I can see cars as they swerve to hit me. So, when someone sees me, and makes a conscious effort, turns around, and pulls in front of me, its kinda amazing. So the door opens and there she is in her glistening beauty...a large icy drink from McDonald's. There was a woman holding the cool filling goodness, I'm sure of it. Kathy maybe. All I could think if was the ice. She handed me the drink and my legs just about gave in. She also gave me a combo meal with pies and some cash. So awesome! To take time to get a meal and drive it out to me, is just amazing! I feel cool for the first time since waking up this morning. Thanks kind lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment