Sunday, May 3, 2015

And water

The beautify lady also brought me a dix pack of water, I forgot to mention. I just happened upon a good spot for the night, and though early, there were no cars in sight so I seized the moment. The concrete drainage ditches are great for helping to avoid making lines in the grass with the cart. The popo pulled over and ran my license, and though they were fairly decent, I font want them waking me up in the middle if the night. There's still a few hours left of daylight, so I wont be setting up my tent for about an hour more. I was thinking earlier about how it would be great if right then I could be in an a/c'd room with a glass of my famous chilled tea, with a blanket and a good tv show. Then I thought of all that went with it before. The previous Tom. And it made me really glad I set about on this walk. Yesterday I was looking at my reflection in my phone, and I didn't recognize the look in my eyes. It was really odd, like looking at someone else. It made me wonder what new was in there. My journey thus far, through the swamp of Florida, the marshes of Alabama, and now Mississippi; I've been thinking of the highlights, the good stuff. Sure there was pure terror filled walks at night fearful of bears, and good ole boys playing chicken. There have been days that I wouldn't mind forgetting. But I feel it was a deconstruction of the Tom before and then an evolution of the man in becoming. But the things that stand out now are: Freddie, an older black man rushing out of his barn, across the roadway yelling "do you want an ice cold Pepsi?". Meeting Marlena and Iann, my new friends from Denmark, who are now weeks away from the end of there cycling journey. My escape from the most that surrounded my campsite, showing me what willpower really is. When Manny broke down and everyone rallied around me with donations and support. The epiphany I had about fear, and finding faith. Connecting with people that have been part of my life, but are now more in the foreground. And all the daily emotional support I get from all of you, it makes my life better. And I'm only a month and a half in! I haven't showered in a week. I have to conform my body to the shape of the ground nightly. I never no where in going to camp, and there is a certain odor. But I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just curious, have any of the kind folks who have stopped to help identified themselves with any religious affiliations

    ReplyDelete