Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Uphill

The end of that hill was a decoy. I shoulda known. But while ascending it I was contemplating my last post. I was worried about upsetting people the way I mentioned the Christian god. That was not my intent, I was just trying to say that since I don't know which theological doctrine is the correct one, that I would simply walk my own path and if god wanted me to follow him in a certain way, for him to tell me and lead me on. So I prayed as I am want to do, and asked god that if there was a certain doctrine he wanted me to follow, to show me. As I created the false peak, Nichole was waiting with a cold drink. Nichole was very thin, wearing a doo-rag, pajama bottoms and a church of god t-shirt. After explaining my walk, she told me our meeting was not a coincidence and that I can't believe in the father without believing in the son. I told her I would think on it carefully. I don't really believe in coincidence, but I also don't discount the lure of my straw hat and hobo garb. I'm still not willing to put broad labels about my pilgrimage nor my faith, but I can't disregard my meeting with Nichole.

No comments:

Post a Comment