Saturday, June 13, 2015

2 more days

The great thing about being on the road,  Is there is only the present and the immediate future. I'm growing apprehensive sitting on this couch, worrying about the path ahead of me. Stealth camping presents a big challenge in a flat desert landscape where there's nowhere to hide. I can always wait till dark and head off the road a little where the shadows are heaviest. But then I have more of a chance of bumping into rattlesnakes. If there's an abandoned building, I can camp behind one, but they are few. The towns are about 50 miles betwixt each one and not much cover within. I plan on carrying 5 gallons of water until amarillo, then 8 gallons for the rest of the journey. I will probably walk a bulk of my miles before noon, then take a rest, then a few miles at the end of the day. I'm taking alot on faith, but it makes sense to plan extra for the desert walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment