Saturday, June 6, 2015

Lazy days

Slept til 2, and woke up to the AC at full blast. It was probably my most relaxing sleep since I started the walk. After picking me up last night, got to his house and talked late into the night. I was tired,  but it was very relaxing and enjoyable to catch up. Today Brian treated me to golden coral, and though I've never been a big buffet fan; I was like a kid in a candy store. It was an indulgence of lots of food. My stomach the size of peanut got stretched so that I felt like my skin was separating from my ribs. Walking from the restaurant, overfill and limping from yesterday's walk, must have been funny to watch. After getting back to the house we had more good conversation and started sharing musical talents. Normally my days of rest in a hotel haven't lasted more than two days. And so after getting there and sleeping, the next day was spent preparing for the next days departure; doing laundry, repacking, and enjoying the AC and civilization for as long as possible. Without the pressure of being on the road tomorrow, I really got a chance to relax physically and mentally. It's just a nice feeling to be able to take some time to do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment