Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Progress is unkind to nostalgia

Walking the streets of denison,  on the one hand I'm glad that it's not a little texas ghost town, but on the other, I see so much has changed. It seems that even this far from dallas, it has become a new suburb of the rich and trendy. The one place I expected to stay the same, is almost completely different. I spent some good years here, with good friends and good times. I lived in dallas after for about 10 years, and never really came back here. Then I was off to Virginia and oregon. I expected to come back to those far gone memories and a spooky little town trying to hang on. What I got was an almost complete remodel of the entire area. I have gotten a chance to reconnect with a good friend, and so that has made the journey here more than worth it. But I guess the lesson is to hold on to the good memories, and keep going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment