Saturday, March 7, 2015

Preparedness

Today I made the decision to spend more money now for the things I need versus having more disposable cash on the walk. I really like being off grid as possible and though Im reliant on society for food and water, I want everything else taken care of, for the most part. So I ordered a solar powered charger for my phone, and devices. This means I wont have to wait a few hours everyday charging my phone at Mickey Dees, and allows me a little more freedom.

I tried using the sock liners I got today, and got somewhat mixed results. A sock liner, for those who dont know (and because everyone is so interested in my feet and how I treat them), is a thin non-absorbent sock that you wear under regular socks that absorb the friction that your skin would normally get from the outer sock. I wore my sketchers boots and some thicker socks with them and that created a tight fit. Up till mile 3, life was good. But after that the outer socks, that were some wool poly blend, I started to feel the abrasiveness of the socks on the pads of my feet. Oh and as they were boots, they were heavy and very hot.
My wonderful sister and her husband did me a solid and are hooking me up with some Chacos. For those of you not in the know, Chacos are frozen chocolate treats in the shape of a taco; But may also be a very comfortable sandle that I have been told in confidence, will be what I need to cure the ills of my feet. I sincerely hope so. Thanks again T & D!

Ive been thinking about my route and any special places I should go. I plan on going through Pensacola and then through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana; and I know I want to go through northern Texas on route to New Mexico and then northern Arizona. I have already traveled across the US and only have a few must sees on my list. I know I want to see Lake Powell Utah and Bryce Canyon National Park, but thats all I have right now. If you know of any cheap/free place I should go, please let me know.

Lake Powell
 
Bryce Canyon






No comments:

Post a Comment