Friday, March 6, 2015

Some things

I got the doggyhut cart yesterday, and it is a mammoth! I am able to fit two Rubbermaid tubs into it comfortably, and still have room for extras. Im going to head out today or tomorrow and pickup some solid rubber inner tubes so I dont have to worry about flats, and I plan on getting some bolts that are better made. I am very happy with the solidity of it though.

I walked 5.6 miles yesterday and came to the realization that my feet are just going to need to toughen up and blisters for now, are par for the course. I am not in any hurry once my walk across America starts, and if I can average 10 miles a day for the first few weeks, I consider that to be a good pace with my virgin feet.

I got my tent as well, and its cheap. But if it keeps the bugs out, I will be happy with it. I can always tarp the top to keep out the rain.

My last concern for the day is power for my equipment. Sure, I can plugin at McDonald's and whatnot, but I prefer something more reliable. My solar hand-crank radio turned out to not work at all, so I hope I can find a solar charger or maybe just a battery backup. If i could find a way to rig a hand crank to the wheel of my cart I would be set, but no luck so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment