Thursday, March 12, 2015

Still awake

I have been awake all night reading Hobo Nick's blog. He walked across America using mostly the same route I will be using, and has given me some clues as to what to expect on my walk. I got some groceries today that should last me about a week. Ive decided that the smart move will be to replace food items as I use them, so that my stockpile is always full. I live right off 41 & 54 and I was planning on getting directly onto 41 and following it til it turned into 98 all the way to Perry Fl. But I think Im going to make a slight detour and get onto the Suncoast Trail which starts in north Tampa and goes 30 miles and turns into 98. The Suncoast trail is a biking trail that hugs the tollway, and bypasses most human settlements. It only adds 2 miles to my journey and is a straight shot. The question is...When I get to Perry, do I stay on 98 and hug the coast, or go through Tallahassee? I really want to avoid big cities where at all possible. But by hugging the coast I would have to go through large state parks and forest reserves which equal Florida black bear country.

No comments:

Post a Comment