Saturday, April 18, 2015

Apprehensive

I'm in my motel room, paid for another night as I need today to figure out the cart situation. I swear that Florida is an entity and throwing everything in my path to keep me here. But with a cart or without, Im leaving tomorrow. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I had to turn off the AC, and get almost fully clothed like I do when Im sleeping in my tent, and listening to the cars go by, was finally able to sleep. I have paired down my supplies just to see what I really need. The great thing about having a mammoth sized cart was that I could have backups and extras. But once I take away all that extra, I am left with a manageable few things that I actually use. I surely dont need a 7 day supply of food that Ive maintained for the past month. Nor do I need the folding chair, the extra pair of dry clothes, or the books I bought to read on the road (which I havent cracked once). I would like to bring my laptop, but thats not a deal breaker. But water...Ive been carrying 4 gallons of water, only really using two. But water is heavy, and cumbersome. Minus the water, I could easily carry everything on my back. I am remaining open to options now; heading to walmart shortly. If they have an affordable cart, I will probably buy that. But if not, a backpack may be the way to go, and I will just have to figure out something for the water. Its not really a big deal now, but in Texas and further west it will definitely be a concern. But I could also, buy a cheap wireframe cart just for that purpose when the time comes. The key for me right now, is deciding on an option, and then making some miles. I want to be in Mississippi within the next 7 days if possible. My feet, are finally getting to a point where I am not destroyed at the end of the day. And if I dont get enough miles in a certain day, my legs are all twitchy when I sleep. Thanks for all those who donated to my burrito fund this last week and in light of this crisis (Theresa, Joe, Sally, the Albrights, and the Jenkins'), because of you guys, I am not stealing a shopping cart from Walgreens, nor sleeping behind the gas n sip right now. And, thank you everyone for your kind words and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment