Sunday, May 10, 2015

Cicadas

The woods are full of their song, if you can call it that. Sounds more like an industrial plant ir a bunch of kids swinging a Wiffle bat around. Seems they do the mating thing every three years, and this is it. When I sat down on a bridge for lunch, one was a few feet away. In big into live and let live. But then it landed on my neck. I swatted it away, but when it landed there a second time, I then swatted and stomped. Live and let live has its boundaries, and landing on me invalidates the treaty. The road in on now isn't divided and doesn't have any shoulders, but more so, it has a steep drop where the shoulder should be.so I've been walking on the road, to the considerable consternation of the local denizen. It's getting to be the later part of the day and I'm still in close to the city limits. Which means houses, yards, and fences. Hopefully I will make it far enough out past all this to unknown Forrester lands. If not, I will just wait for dark and find a sub par spot. I'm in good spirits and hope on staying that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment