Friday, May 1, 2015

Hattiesburg

Made it here, but I guess I'm used to Florida, that when you get within city limits, you are already surrounded by sprawling metropolis. Here it's a truck stop. I may be able to bypass the library tomorrow but that depends on my phone. I got a small bit of work for a website to do, and just need to makes some updates and send a newsletter. Its tedious to do it on a 4 inch screen, but theme the breaks. Luther from yesterday, found me today and gave me his lunch again, and 5 bucks! Very nice guy! The truck stop has a cafe and I had a burger and fries. I barely touched the fries but consumed the burger in short order. I really have been craving healthy fresh foods and proteins, and nothing that a walker typically gets to eat, which are was carbs that pound a wallop but last a long time. It seems one of the packets of skittles I've been carrying done blowed up and now I have them everywhere. While setting up the tent last night, I noticed some red stains that were still wet. II checked myself just in case I was cut and didn't know it. After unpacking the rest of my gear, I found the busted package of skittles. While sitting on a guardrail earlier, two cars stopped to see if I was okay (I'm telling you, its the hat). And the second car gave me a powerade. After drinking warm water all day, that really hit the spot. Lots and lots of hills in Mississippi and all uphill. Gotta figure out my plan for today and find an early spot if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment