Friday, May 1, 2015

This land

In mid Mississippi is just beautiful! Got a real tom Sawyer feel to it. But all the streams and rivers are muddy and not pleasing to look at. And no McDonalds, everywhere else they are everywhere. Here in big cities. Same with WalMart.and WalMart must be the cash crop here because every other semi that passes me is a Wally world truck; the other kind is lumber. The people are okay, but they drive like they are on a mission and don't move into the middle lane when they see me, but instead go to the very edge of their lane firmly gripping the wheel, as if to say "My lane! My lane!". Or they try to run me over. Either or. Something that bothers me worse than the no shoulders dilemma, is the road kill. There is no cleanup for it and there is so much. I'd say every 50 feet and still be conservative. I've even seen domestic dogs and cats, not little ones either. It really makes me angry, that A, these domestic animals are running around the highways B, the owners could care less, and C, that these beloved pets are just left on the road, like an empty beer can. When I talk about the South, this is what I mean. Messed up priorities. I'm in a spot now, and its not the greatest. Once the darkness comes it will be better. Its also Friday, meaning the miscreants likely won't be four wheel in, but cruising the strip. I think they still do that. What else is there to do here? In the morning will hit up WalMart and hope they have the tire size I need and cheap. If not I may opt for a throw blanket. I bought a gas station t-shirt that may or may not help with the cop tonight. Its supposed to be gone soon by is a real hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment