Friday, May 29, 2015

Longview today

I'm about 5 miles out, and loving these small towns with stores every ten miles. There are plenty of hills though and that's a challenge. The foam innertubes aren't as good as the air filled ones, and ride lower to the ground like a partially filled tire, so its almost a chore pulling the cart. Going uphill I push the cart and down I pull it. At least I wont have to worry about flats. I'm at an Exxon, and bought an Icee. White cherry and coke mixed. It is so nice. These things can only truly be enjoyed when its this hot. Well, hot going up all these hills. Its actually cloudy and nice weather. A nice breeze or wind helps alot in the walk and can do more miles between breaks. My uncle and aunt live in Longview, so will be staying the night with them. They are about 10 miles north of the city, so its a longer walk than I had expected today. Will be clocking close to 30 miles. But a shower, a possible bed, and good company are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment