Friday, May 29, 2015

Special

Almost from the day we are born, we are instilled with the notion that we are special.  That we are meant for greatness and our lives will mean something.  Or that we will be the turning point in other people's lives, that our existence wasn't for nothing. My whole life I've been a dreamer and a daydreamer. In my imaginings I made a difference for others.  But in my day to day, I did very little in the way of making a difference,  and I never did achieve that potential. Even this walk, as special as it is, isn't what I'm meant to be or fo, it's a journey to that. Maybe all of life is just that journey and that potential is a life of meaning realized. On this walk, I have prayed alot. Alot. Mostly I have prayed for the rain to go away. Because as we all have learned, rain is a walk kilker. That's when I realized that my prayers were being answered. When a full on storm front was headed directly at me, and the suddenly it would part. Or that it would come at me like a wall for a thousand miles, and then just as it was upon me, go around my location like the eye of the storm. It sounds crazy, I know. But it's happened many times. Too many times to be the luck of the draw. There are other things too, but the praying to stay dry, and having the storm front,  not touch me, really dislodged my logic, and caused me to believe; and that was the inception of my faith and walk with god. It also,  made me feel special. That I mattered, and what I'm doing matters, my walk, my life matters. Normally, I'm a very rational kind of guy. Big on critical thinking, and facts. But there are things that though could be explained,  in many ways defy logic. And I choose to see those things as the acts of a benevolent god, helping me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment