Saturday, May 16, 2015

Under a bridge again

I think its called black river, but can't see anything from here. The gnats have gone from dive bombing to dive bombing straight into my ears and nose. It is very frustrating but life goes on. I'm sure one bug or another will harass me tho entire journey. Thinking about the second part of my journey, and so thankful to have family to help me out with some of them high dollah running shoes, and a best friend with a new cart. Now I just need to figure out the rest. I think I'm good for the journey. The shoes and cart have been the biggest worry spot for me, so those taken care of, I can focus on things like clothes. I need to find out where they sell give n gos. They are awesome with no thigh chaffing since I started the walk. But with all this weight loss, now have to pull them up pretty high. Its stupid funny. Still not sure how much weight I've lost, but gone from a 42 waist to 38, and now those are loose. My hope is to get back to 20 before the trek is finished. The scenery here reminds me of Texas. And that gets me thinking about lakes. I will need to find a nice Texas lake asap. I have always preferred lakes to pools. But I soul take either right now. Normally at night when I'm done setting up camp, I wait in my tent for it to cool down, usually by 9. But lately, there's no cool down, just more heat. A nice cool lake. Ahh! Guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment