Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The job

Sucks less everyday, and that's cool. But it may be a variety of Stockholm syndrome where it's better because I don't really have any better choices. Nonetheless,  it is what it is.
Everyday I think about the day I can escape and get back to an adventure. Looking ahead, I'm thinking on getting a cargo van and converting it into a camper. That way, it's a car and backup campsite in one. I'm not really a van type of guy, but I really like the idea of having a place to sleep/live should I need it. In the neantime, I can use it for those mini vacations should I be so lucky. My plan is to modify only the inside and make it a stealth camper. That way no one realizes it's a camper. Great possibilities for offstreet camping without being harassed by the popo.
There are a few peeps at work that have heard my puma story and seem to insist on calling me puma, for whatever reason. I don't mind much, but it's a bad reminder. The puma encounter reminds me that only by the grace of God was I spared, so that's cool. But at the same time, I was basically puma bait, which is not a happy thought. I'm sure everyone would love their nickname to be "bait".
  I've been closely following the  Atlantic2pacific folks and I'm more than a little jealous of their journey. They are in the desert and that's just an awesome place to be. Had I continued on, I would likely be nearly to my destination. I'm happy that I stopped and spend most of my days in AC, but still miss aspects of the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment